Contrary to popular belief, skin care isn’t just all about a wash here and a bit of cream there. No, even the exclusive use of the best-reviewed moisturizers in the Philippines won’t help you. In actuality, it’s more of a delicate balancing act that requires one to maintain their skin at just the right conditions in order for it to flourish.
That said, here are our top 3 skin tips you can use to get smoother, healthier skin!
Be mindful of the sun
If you’re one of many who enjoy spending their days in the great outdoors, then you should be careful when it comes to your exposure to the sun’s rays. A little bit is okay, of course – the sun’s UVB rays are known for aiding our body in the production of Vitamin D. In addition, according to an issue of Dermato-Endocrinology, it was found that the sun also helps us by:
-Enhancing our mood and energy levels through the release of endorphins, making us feel more awake and alert.
- Synchronizing our biorhythms, allowing us to regulate our internal functions in accordance with how our days progress.
- Treating skin-related diseases such as vitiligo, stopic dermatitis, or scleroderma.
On the other hand, overexposure is a whole other issue – and a bad one at that. It can cause the formation of wrinkles, age spots, and other a whole host of other unsavory symptoms. It can even develop into serious medical conditions such as skin cancer. Luckily, it can be very easily avoided by following these steps:
1. Use sunscreen. It should come as no surprise that this is our first suggestion. Time and time again sunscreen has proven itself to be the best form of defense against the sun’s rays – just make sure that you get the right one. As a rule of thumb, pick a kind that’s labeled as “broad spectrum” and SPF 30 above, then apply liberally.
2. Utilize shade. Never expose yourself to direct sunlight for long periods of time, especially within the hours of 10am to 2pm as the sun burns the hottest then.
3. Wear appropriate clothing. Cover your skin wherever you can or use an umbrella.
Maintain your body
While keeping clean should always be a priority, there is such a thing as being too clean. That is, ridding the body of all its natural oils and fats so much that the skin becomes fully deprived of them. Here are ways you can stay hygienic while also keeping your body naturally healthy:
- Avoid strong products. Daily cleansing routines should be gentle and unimposing. This is because continual application of potentially destructive material on your skin will eventually erode and damage it.
- Bathe properly. Use only warm water and do not bathe for too long. Doing so will wash away all your skin’s oils. Also, don’t dry yourself too hard either. Instead, only gently pat or blot your skin so a little bit of moisture remains on the skin.
- Moisturize constantly. Use appropriate creams or masks as often as you can.
As the old adage goes, “you are what you eat.” With that in mind, do your best to add healthy, skin-friendly foods to maintain your skin’s natural beauty. Take almonds for example – they are rich in essential fatty acids which aid in preventing the onslaught of wrinkles, blotches, or fine lines. Other similarly healthy foods are fish, vegetables, and fruits!
Keeping your skin healthy doesn’t have to be an exercise in patience. A healthy balance of sun, cleanliness, and diet should keep it glowing nicely all the time.
You can check out our latest offering in Sample Room, the Silka Premium Moisturizing Milk Soap and Lotion with Avocado Oil to add an amp of nourishment for your skin care. Get these samples for free now by clicking here.